The Virginia Statewide Primaries are coming on Tuesday, June 12, 2018. With so many issues facing our community at stake, it’s important now more than ever that we turn out and VOTE! The Iranian-American community is grossly underrepresented in politics. If we want elected officials that represent the interests of our community, we need to get our voices heard at the polls. Ultimately, every vote cast can help deliver our message to Congress.
To have your voice heard in the primaries on Tuesday, June 12th, here is what you need to know to vote:
- Make certain you are registered to vote. You can check your voter registration status and find your polling location at https://www.niacaction.org/beshkan/
- In addition, same day voter registration, which was recently legalized across many states, is NOT legalized in Virginia; therefore, you MUST be registered before June 12th to vote
- The address of your polling place is on the back page of the sample ballot booklet that your county elections official mailed to you. If you do not have the booklet, contact your county elections office. You can also check your polling location at https://www.niacaction.org/beshkan/
- In most cases, Virginia voters are not required to show identification at their polling place. However, it is a good idea to bring identification with you when you vote for the first time.
- Even if your name is not on the voter list at the polling place, you have the right to vote with a provisional ballot.
- Voting is open from 7 AM – 8 PM on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 across the State of Virginia.